Thursday, May 3, 2012

Beyond the National day of Prayer...

Today is when our nation annually sets aside a day to focus on prayer for our country and prayer in general. Students will meet around flag poles at their schools.Towns will meet at local court houses.Church congregations will meet and all come together to pray.This is a great thing! What if we took the whole day of  prayer thing and instead of once a year,what if we did it daily? I've always believed that the 2nd chapter of Acts,which describes the roll- out of the church,sets the best example for how the church should act now, just as then. They met daily,in their homes to pray and share the good news.the book of James tells us that if we "draw near" to God and He will "draw near" to us. I have witnessed this multiple times in my life when I have set aside time to go to a quiet place and "draw near" I would like to challenge you to set aside fifteen minutes a day to focus on prayer and just see if God does'nt pay you a visit...you'll know what I mean,if you've ever been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment